Cartier House Care Home
The Cartier House team’s purpose is to provide a warm, safe homelike environment that enables each resident to achieve his or her optimal quality of life.
We support residents, residents’ families, and each other. We honor the uniqueness and intrinsic worth of each member of the Park Place community.
Park Place is committed to treating all residents with respect and dignity. The emphasis is placed on wellness, reinforcing the remaining capabilities, strength and skill of each resident. We strive to achieve professional excellence in the provision of health care and service for our residents.
Cartier House is a 78-bed care home located in a quiet residential area but within easy reach of highways for friends and families who want to visit. Features include:
• A secure patio on the third floor.
• Administration offices and main lounge on the first floor.
• Resident rooms are located on all three floors with dining rooms on the second and third floors.
• Resident rooms are semi-private and private with wheelchair and walker accessible bathrooms.
• Rooms are furnished with a hospital-style beds and dressers but residents are encouraged to bring personal items from home to decorate their rooms.
• All rooms are equipped with a voice call bell system in the washroom and by the bed, a smoke alarm, and sprinklers.
• Cablevision and telephone outlets are located in each room but the hook up charges and monthly fees are the choice and responsibility of the resident.
• Each floor has a nursing station with a pharmacy, centralized bath areas (with spa bathing), and visiting lounges on the first and second floors.
• Our third floor patio, first floor patio, large activity room and fireplaces are just some of the features we offer to create a home environment and a variety of activities for our residents and their families.
Cartier Care Givers Committment
The care givers at Cartier House believe that all residents admitted to Cartier House are entitled to a total needs assessment, taking into consideration their physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs.
We believe that each resident has the right to an individualized plan of care that includes family participation. Through a comprehensive facility orientation, nursing assists residents with the transition from previous resources to their new home. Resident strengths are considered in care planning, thereby promoting independence and a sense of well-being.
We believe the resident has the right to expect empathy and understanding during their times of emotional, physical and/or spiritual need. We also believe the resident has the right to compassionate support during times of acute illness or when needing palliative care. The resident’s family has the right to the same support at this time.
We recognize nursing’s obligation to develop professionally, to enable the making of sound nursing judgments and decisions. Furthermore we recognize the obligation of nursing to work cooperatively with other professions and services towards assisting the resident in maintaining their best possible state of physical, psychosocial and spiritual health and in maintaining comfort and dignity through the dying process.
We recognize that Cartier House is our residents’ home and that all efforts should establish and promote this atmosphere.
Visitors are welcome - please contact us if you wish to arrange a visit.
Click here to access our calendar and newsletter.
Cartier House Care Home
1419 Cartier Avenue, Coquitlam, B.C.