Seniors Care , Nursing Home, Assisted Living, Retirement Homes
Surrey, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Duncan, Kamloops, Salmon Arm, Penticton, Nelson, Kelowna, Vancouver, BC, Edmonton, Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
908 Eleventh Street Map Link
Nelson, British Columbia
Mountain Lake receives Nursing Award
Mountain Lake Seniors Community in Nelson, BC has received the Kootenay Best of Business Award in Nursing Care for several years, a reflection of the quality of care at this state-of-the-art care community which offers both assisted living and complex care.
A campus of care offering complex care and assisted living for 135 elders, Mountain Lake opened its doors in November, 2005. AdvoCare Home Health and Park Place have come together at Mountain Lake to provide excellence in nursing care including life enrichment, rehab services and other supports in our home-like Cottages.
Park Place’s vision of ‘enriching the lives of seniors through innovation’ is embodied in Mountain Lake’s mission of ‘having every resident laugh every day’. We aim to have residents feel cared for, comfortable and able to laugh. That the Kootenay community has repeatedly voted us worthy of the Readers Choice Award for Nursing Care makes our day! We continue to serve with our residents’ needs and wishes as paramount.
Mountain Lake Seniors Community is Park Place’s brand new campus of care, nestled in the city of Nelson. As shown in the above photo, this residence is surrounded by fabulous views overlooking Kootenay Lake and the Selkirk Mountains.
Mountain Lake Seniors Community is a 92-room complex care and 40-suite assisted living campus which opened in November, 2005. Already, Mountain Lake Seniors Community is known for its state-of-the-art cottage-style residences designed for those requiring complex care. Mountain Lake Seniors Community provides a home-like environment exemplified by fun and a relaxed atmosphere throughout the facility.
This assisted living complex is a two-storey chalet-style home with outdoor decks and patios. The tasteful design and interior decorating is a classic setting of comfort and a constant cause for compliments.
- All complex care cottages have single rooms with a two-piece ensuite attached.
- The rooms are furnished tastefully with wardrobe, dresser, single bed, bedside table and full length mirror.
- Ceiling lift tracks are in place for residents requiring this support.
- The six cottages are home for 12 to 18 residents each, with dining room/kitchen, living room, laundry room and other amenities in every cottage.
- The assisted living suites are 550 square feet with kitchen, living room, one bedroom and walkthrough closet to the full bathroom which includes a shower with fold-down bench seat.
- Each suite has a front door closet, additional storage room and air conditioning.
- The kitchens have full-sized fridge and stove.
- Security systems are in place in the suites and through medallions given to all tenants.
- State-of–the-art spas are located in each cottage and the assisted living home.
- Every cottage and the assisted living home have comfortable living rooms and cheery kitchens for large or small gatherings.
- Mountain Lake also has numerous alcoves and gathering rooms for community events or quiet tete-a-tetes.
- Multi-denominational chapel available for all.
- Laundry services for all residents and Assisted Living tenants’ bed linens and towels are included in basic service.
- A bachelor suite with kitchenette and full bathroom is available for rent on a daily basis for family or friends visiting overnight.
- Hairdresser services are available on site.
- City bus and/or Handi-dart bus service is available.
Meals and more
- All meals are cooked on site in our centralized, country kitchen and offered to the tenants and residents at their dining room table, with extra food available and specialty food preparation available as required. Vegetarian meals are always available.
- The Java Shop, located centrally, is a gathering place for folks to visit and sip a cup of coffee or tea and nibble on a cookie whenever they wish.
- Each cottage and the Assisted Living complex have snacks and refreshments available to all at any time.
- Guest meals are available at a nominal cost to encourage family and friends to enjoy a meal with their loved ones.
Laughter and fun portray comfort and home. Come on in!