The Lodge on 4th is a warm and welcoming home for up to 101 seniors who require a secure home and/or available 24/7 nursing care. Constructed in 2007, this 101 bed multi-level residence incorporates current best practices in elder care combined with quality construction and extensive amenities.
Our care philosophy puts residents first: we customize our care to each resident in order to maximize their independence, participation and joy. Our mission – shared with owner Park Place Seniors Living – is to enrich the lives of seniors.
- Large private rooms with private baths, many with views overlooking the town and the ocean or the trees at the front of the property;
- Small, intimate neighbourhoods in which each resident is recognized as a unique individual;
- Tasty and nutritious meals and snacks;
- Lounge, meeting and recreation spaces plus a spa on each floor for residents who enjoy tub baths; and
- Secured outdoor garden spaces, where residents can safely enjoy the outdoors and Ladysmith’s mild west coast climate.
The Lodge also offers extensive recreation and social programs, including:
- Social Activities like Happy Hour, Birthday Parties with entertainment, lunch and a movie;
- Entertainment – piano, harp and variety of other entertainment;
- Creative – craft and art programs; Resident Music Program;
- Physical – fitness with music, bowling, golfing, magnetic darts;
- Spiritual – church services, gardening, reminiscence programs;
- Cognitive/Intellectual – trivia, news reading, puzzles;
- Community Involvement – bus outings, local luncheon outings, breakfasts in restaurants, community bingo, community church services;
- Cultural – Men’s group, Ladies Circle, multi-cultural celebrations; Bingo;
- Emotional – Sensory programs, One-to-One Validation Therapy;
- Volunteer Program including Candy Stripers; and a
- Pet Therapy program.
There are two active Resident/Family Councils which give Lodge on 4th residents, their families and/or friends an opportunity for input into care at the Lodge. One council has daytime meetings chaired by the Activities Coordinator. The second family council is called the The Lodge on 4th Family Council’ and holds meetings chaired by a family council member. The chairman is elected each year. This family council meets in the evenings at the Ladysmith Community Health Centre (Hospital) in a meeting room provided by Island Health.
Both the above-noted Councils post their next meeting dates/contact information in the Lodge elevator and in the Lodge on 4th monthly newsletter. Print copies of the newsletter can be found in wall holders at each nursing station and at both entrances. The newsletter is also posted online.
There is a hair salon inside the Lodge and “town meeting” space for special events. The entire building is wheelchair accessible and many rooms are designed to incorporate overhead lifts as needed. Two double-occupancy rooms are available.
The cost is subsidized so residents pay a maximum of 80% of their income. Admission is by doctor’s referral and through Island Health.
The Lodge is on a wooded 2.5 acre property which is beside the Ambulance Station and the Ladysmith Community Health Centre. Placement is through Island Health, following a medical referral. If you are considering Lodge on 4th for yourself or a family member, please contact us to arrange a visit.
|Box 820-1127 Fourth Avenue,