This page is in development. Please check back for more information.
This page is in development - please come back
A tradition of service stretching back almost 300 years forms the foundation of Villa Marguerite, which provides a supportive home for XXX people in Edmonton, Alberta.
Villa Marguerite was opened on June 26, 1967, as the regional centre for the Grey Nuns and home of the Provincial Superior and her Council. The building reflects that history. There are spiritual touches seen throughout: a large central chapel, stained glass windows, a balconey overlooking the chapel so those in the infirmary could attend services; windows to draw in outside light or overlook courtyards; and beautiful murals that pay tribute to the Grey Nuns' 200-plus years of service to Canadians.
A uniquely Canadian order, the Grey Nuns were established in 1737 in Montreal. First known as the Sisters of Charity, they cared for the poor, nursed the sick, did missionary work and offered education to pioneer families. The nickname "Grey Nuns" arose from their original gray habits although through most of the order's history, the habits were brown and black. By the 1960s, many were wearing modern dress.
The order was not cloistered but based around service, often to those most in need. As the Grey Nuns grew and spread, they founded schools hospitals across Canada, offered shelter and care to the elderly and the disabled, and educated native and pioneer children. In addition to branches in Canada, they served in the U.S. Colombia, Brazil, Japan, Haiti, Central African Republic, South Africa, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Argentina, Uruguay, Bahamas, and the Dominican Republic.
In Canada, they were an integral part of the the community.
If you are a care giving professional or if have experience in the hospitality industry, build your future with Park Place Seniors Living family. Based in Vancouver, B.C., we operate 26 residences in B.C. and Alberta with three more under construction. Our sites include residential care homes, assisted and supportive living homes, and retirement residences. Since Park Place residences offer full-service health and/or hospitality services, we have ongoing employment opportunities for health professionals, care givers, chefs and kitchen staff, servers and housekeepers, activity aides and therapists. At head office, we employ business specialists, including payroll and accounting departments.
We have a company policy of promoting from within and encouraging innovation and personal growth within a family-based culture. The company was founded more than 20 years ago by Al and Jenny Jina and is still owned by the family, so has a uniquely supportive and collaborative culture.
Most of our residents are seniors. Our company mission is to enrich their lives and bring them moments of joy. Therefore we seek 'givers of joy' who want meaningful employment based on care and compassion.
The following positions are currently open. However, given our many locations and ongoing expansion, we often have additional openings. We also anticipate opening three new sites in the next 18 months.
- Registered Nurse at Sunridge Place in Duncan - registration with the B.C. College of Registered Nurses required
- Social Worker at New Horizons in Campbell River
- Recreation Aide at Wexford Creek in Nanaimo - training/certification and/or long-term care experience required
- Director of Care at River Ridge in Medicine Hat, Alberta - must be registered or eligible for registration with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta
- Payroll and Benefits Administrator & Payroll and Benefits Assistant at head office in Vancouver - must be a member of the Canadian Payroll Association
- Dietary Aide at Fort Langley Seniors Community in Fort Langley
- Registered Care Aide at Fort Langley Seniors Community in Fort Langley
- Activity Aide at Fort Langley Seniors Community in Fort Langley
- Housekeeping Aide at Fort Langley Seniors Community in Fort Langley
- Administrative Assistant (Payroll/HR) at Sunridge Place in Duncan
- LPN at Lodge on 4th in Ladysmith
- Health Care Aides/Registered Care Aides at Lodge on 4th in Ladysmith
With residences in 19 communities, Park Place also offers opportunities to continue your career where you would like to live. Perhaps you prefer an urban setting or a small, friendly town, or a place with breathtaking scenery and affordable housing. Park Place currently has residences in Burnaby, Calgary, Campbell River, Coquitlam, Duncan, Edmonton, Fort Langely, Kamloops, Kelowna, Ladysmith, Maple Ridge, Medicine Hat, Nanaimo, Nelson, Penticton, Port Coquitlam, Squamish, Salmon Arm and Surrey.
You may also send your application to any location where you wish to work, since we are currently building a resume bank for future openings and for the pending opening of three new locations. Those already employed by Park Place and known to the company are more likely to hear of openings and successfully apply to them when positions become available. Links to each location are listed below.
- Registered Nurses: must be members of the B.C. College of Registered Nurses
- Licensed Practical Nurses: must be members of the B.C. College of LPNs
- Registered Care Aides: registration with the B.C. Health Care Aide registry required
- Registered Care Aides with MedAssist qualification
- Multi-Service Workers
- Housekeepers: on the job training possible at some locations
- Cooks and Assistant Cooks
- Dietary Aides: on the job training possible at some locations
- Recreation Manager and Recreation Aide: Training/Certification or equivilent long-term care experience required
- Social Workers: degree in social work required
- Kitchen and Care Managers
- Maintenance Managers
Please click on the following link to submit your application to the desired location.
Lower Mainland in B.C.
Hello and welcome to your website tour of Greystone Manor!
The demands of managing a household can be overwhelming. At Greystone Manor,our inclusive services are designed to compliment an independent lifestyle thatencourages the residents to enjoy their own interests, while we manage the everyday household tasks.
Every day I see the positive health benefits that our resident’s experience by the daily interaction within a community of friends, having social activities close at hand and the peace of mind in knowing that someone is always available if assistance is required.
We are often referred to as the ‘premier’ seniors building in Maple Ridge. I invite you to call and join us for a complimentary lunch and tour of Greystone Manor. At that time, meet some of our residents and feel free to ask them why they are happy to have made the move to Greystone Manor. I know that you will be impressed and I look forward to meeting you soon!
Greystone Manor is a member of Park Place Seniors Living Inc., a local family-owned and operated company with residences in BC and Alberta, where family is at the heart of all we do.